This year has been a whirlwind of activity as our family has said yes to God to move to Nepal. Has worked to start a nonprofit organization,called Ambassadors for Truth, and trusted God to raise the support needed. Yet, in the midst of it all…. God’s Word and a good book, was what helped keep me grounded.
Here are some of my favorite reads of 2014… though some are repeats from last year. Some I have read more than three-five times. But hey, that’s what makes them good reads 🙂
1. Restless: Because You were made for More by Jeanie Allen
2. The Knowledge of the Holy by A. W. Tozer
3. Rhinestone Jesus: Saying Yes to God When Sparkly, Safe Faith Is No Longer Enough by Kristen Welch
4. What Happens When Women Say Yes to God by Lysa Terkeurst
5. Treasuring Christ When Your Hands are Full by Gloria Furman
6. Gods at War: Defeating the Idols that Battle For Your Heart by Kyle Idelman
7. Women of the Word: How to Study the Word with Both our Hearts and Minds by Jen Wilkin
8. Eight Twenty Eight: When Love Didn’t Give Up by Larissa Murphy
9. Women Living Well: Find Your Joy in God…… by Courtney Joseph
10. Radical… by David Platt ( a def. read and re-read)
11. The Insanity of God by Nik Ripken ( another read and re-read)
12. Anything by Jeanie Allen (same as above :-))
How about you? What great books have you read this year? I’m always looking for new ideas… so leave a message below! Thanks!!